After Liverpool’s victory over Leicester City at Anfield on Saturday, we bring you five interesting facts…
- James Milner’s penalty was the 34th time Liverpool have scored a 90th-minute winning goal in a Premier League match – at least nine more than any other side.
- Liverpool have won their last 17 Premier League games, just one short of Manchester City’s all-time top-flight record of 18 between August and December 2017.
- Liverpool have become just the seventh side in history to win each of their opening eight matches to an English top-flight season – and the first to achieve the feat on two occasions having also done so in 1990-91.
- James Milner’s penalty in the 95th minute was the latest Liverpool have scored from the spot in the Premier League since Christian Benteke against Crystal Palace in March 2016 (96th minute).
- Sadio Mané, making his 100th league appearance for Liverpool, scored his 50th Premier League goal for the Reds. He’s the 10th player to reach the milestone for the club in the competition, more than any other side.