Liverpool recorded an impressive victory on Boxing Day evening. Here are some post-match facts from the game…
- This was the biggest margin of victory in a clash between teams starting the day in the top two of the Premier League since league leaders Manchester City beat Manchester United 6-1 in October 2011
- Liverpool have won five consecutive Boxing Day matches for the first time in their league history, winning those games by an aggregate scoreline of 15-0.
- Liverpool have won three consecutive away league matches against Leicester for the first time in their top-flight history.
- Roberto Firmino’s second goal against Leicester was the 500th Liverpool have scored under Jurgen Klopp in all competitions.
- Leicester failed to muster a single shot in the first half of a Premier League game for only the second time this season, also failing to do so in their first meeting with Liverpool in October.
- Each of Roberto Firmino’s last nine goals in all competitions for Liverpool have come away from Anfield.
- Liverpool full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold has registered 20 assists in the Premier League since start of last season, more than any other player.
- James Milner has scored 13 of his 14 penalties for Liverpool in the Premier League, with only Steven Gerrard (32) and Robbie Fowler netting more for the Reds (13).