Liverpool’s win at Wolves may not have been the easiest, but it cements their position at the top of the Premier League, 1 points cear with a game in hand.
Here are some big match facts from Thursday night’s game…
- Liverpool have amassed 67 points from a possible 69 in the Premier League this season (P23 W22 D1 L0); this is at least five more than any side in English top-flight history has ever previously had after as many games of a campaign (assuming three points for a win all-time).
- Raúl Jiménez’s goal for Wolves ended a run of 725 minutes without conceding a Premier League goal for Liverpool since Richarlison scored for Everton at Anfield exactly 50 days ago.
- Wolves have lost four consecutive home league games against Liverpool for the very first time.
- Liverpool have won three league games on a Thursday this season (also v Leicester on Boxing Day and Sheff Utd in January), becoming the first club to win three top-flight games on this day in the same season since Leicester City in 1933-34.
- Jordan Henderson has scored more than once in the same season for Liverpool in all competitions for the first time since the 2015-16 campaign; five of his last six goals for the Reds have come away from home.
- Since the start of last season, Trent Alexander-Arnold has assisted 22 Premier League goals, at least five more than any other player, with 10 of those coming from dead balls, also a league-high.
- Roberto Firmino has scored six goals in his last eight games for Liverpool in all competitions, as many as he had in his previous 32 appearances for the club before this. All 10 of his goals in all competitions for the Reds this season have come away from Anfield.