Liverpool are through to the knockout phase of the Champions League after victory at RB Salzburg. Here are some juicy match facts to share with your mates…
- Liverpool have now progressed from all three of their Champions League group stages under manager Jürgen Klopp; they had been knocked out at this stage in both of their last two group stages in the competition before the German’s arrival (2009-10 and 2014-15).
- Liverpool kept a clean sheet in an away Champions League game for the first time in 11 such matches, having conceded 18 goals in their previous 10 away games in the competition before tonight.
- Mohamed Salah has been involved in 27 Champions League goals for Liverpool (19 goals, 8 assists) – only Lionel Messi (28) has been involved in more since the Egyptian joined the Reds in 2017.
- There were exactly 100 seconds between Naby Keita giving Liverpool the lead and Mo Salah doubling the score against FC Red Bull Salzburg.
- There were nine shots on target in the first half of this match, the most in the first half of a Champions League game without a goal being scored since Schalke v Manchester United in April 2011 (10).