Liverpool’s last game of 2022 is a Premier League clash at home to Leicester City on Friday night (kick-off 8pm).
The Reds will be hoping for another win to claw their way back up the table and, if not bid for the title, at least claim a Champions League place.
- Liverpool have lost two of their last three Premier League games against Leicester, as many as they had in their previous 17 versus the Foxes.
- Leicester are winless in each of their last 12 away matches against the Reds in all competitions (D3, L9).
- The Foxes’ last win at Anfield was a 2-0 Premier League victory in May 2000, with goals by Tony Cottee and Phil Gilchrist.
- Liverpool are guaranteed to be outside the Premier League top four at the turn of the year for the first time since the 2015-16 campaign.
- The Reds have won three consecutive league games for the first time since winning their final three fixtures of last season.
- Jurgen Klopp’s team have kept just four clean sheets in their 19 Premier League games since the start of May.