Liverpool host Burnley at Anfield in what has now become an infrequent 3pm Saturday kick-off.
We crunch the numbers ahead of the big match…
- Liverpool have won eight of the past 10 Premier League meetings between the two clubs, including each of the last four without conceding.
- Burnley’s 1-0 victory at Anfield in January 2021 was their first at the stadium since 1973 and also ended Liverpool’s 68-game unbeaten home league run.
- The Clarets have scored the opening goal in four of their six most recent visits to Anfield.
- Liverpool’s 3-1 defeat at Arsenal last week ended their 15-match unbeaten run in the Premier League.
- The Reds, however, have gone 23 league games without a home defeat (W18, D5).
- Liverpool’s last seven Premier League goals at home have been scored by seven different players.
- Diogo Jota has been involved in seven goals in his seven most recent league appearances, scoring five and assisting two.
- Darwin Nunez has had 73 shots this season – a Premier League record.
- Virgil van Dijk could make his 250th Premier League appearance today.