Liverpool need to put Thursday night’s defeat at Toulouse behind them and focus on the Premier League when they host Brentford at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.
We crunch the numbers ahead of the big match…
- Brentford’s only win in their 11 trips to Anfield was a 4-3 victory back in 1937. They have lost their subsequent seven matches at Anfield, scoring just once and conceding 16.
- The Bees haven’t kept a clean sheet in 16 meetings with Liverpool in all competitions since a goalless draw in 1936.
- Liverpool have won all five of their home league fixtures this season by an aggregate score of 14-2.
- The Reds will be looking to equal their club record of nine successive home wins by a margin of two or more goals, set in 1980.
- They are aiming to win their opening six home fixtures in a league season for only the third time, the previous two being 2019-20 and 2020-21.
- Liverpool have lost only one of their last 47 home league games, and none of the last 17, since a 2-1 defeat by Leeds in October 2022.
- The Reds have earned 11 points from losing positions this season, more than any other Premier League team.
- Liverpool have kept just four clean sheets in their last 19 games in all competitions.
- Mo Salah has scored or assisted in each of Liverpool’s last 14 Premier League home matches (15 goals, three assists).