Liverpool’s 3-1 win over Man City at Anfield on Sunday was a great result and gives them a massive boost in the title race. Here are eight interesting facts to impress your fellow Reds…
- Liverpool have won 11 of their first 12 Premier League games this season and lead the table by eight points – only Manchester United in 1993/94 have had a bigger lead after 12 games of a Premier League season (nine points).
- Man City manager Pep Guardiola has lost eight matches in all competitions against Jurgen Klopp – three more than he has against any other manager.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 17 home Premier League games against Manchester City (W12 D5 L0) since losing 2-1 in May 2003.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been involved in 69 goals in 60 appearances at Anfield for the Reds in all competitions (51 goals, 18 assists), scoring in three of his four home appearances against Man City in that time.
- Man City manager Pep Guardiola has lost more away games at Anfield against Liverpool than he has at any other ground in all competitions (four defeats).
- Fabinho’s goal was Liverpool’s ninth from outside the box in all competitions this season – more than any other Premier League side.
- Since August 2018, Sadio Mané has scored 22 Premier League goals at Anfield for Liverpool – more than any other player has scored at a single venue in that time.
- This was Sergio Agüero’s ninth match at Anfield against Liverpool in all competitions for Manchester City – he has never scored there for City, attempting 14 shots without success across those nine games.