A brace from Mo Salah has given Liverpool a 2-0 win over Watford at Anfield in Saturday’s early Premier League game. Here are some facts and figures from the game…
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 34 Premier League games (W29 D5), the third-longest run in the history of the competition after Arsenal (49) between May 2003-October 2004 and Chelsea (40) between October 2004-October 2005.
- Watford’s Nigel Pearson became the ninth different manager to face Liverpool at Anfield in their first Premier League game in charge of a team – with all nine losing to the Reds by an aggregate score of 3-19.
- Liverpool have won their last 16 home top-flight matches – they’ve only had one longer run at Anfield in their history, winning 21 in a row between January and December 1972.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has won seven Premier League games against Watford; against no side has he picked up more victories in the competition (level with Crystal Palace).
- Mohamed Salah has now scored 84 goals in 126 appearances in all competitions for Liverpool – two more than Luis Suarez (82) netted in 133 games for the Reds.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has scored eight Premier League goals against Watford; more than he has netted against any other team in the big 5 European leagues.
- Sadio Mané has had a hand in nine goals in six Premier League appearances against Watford for Liverpool, scoring five and assisting four.