After a nervy first half, Liverpool eventually ran out comfortable winners in Belgium to keep their Champions League campaign on track.
Here are some interesting match facts, courtesy of Opta…
- Liverpool have won 25 of their last 30 matches in all competitions (W25 D3 L2), with that run including seven victories in the Champions League.
- Genk have now played more matches than any other team in the history of the European Cup/Champions League without winning a game (15 – W0 D8 L7).
- Liverpool became the fourth English team to score 200 goals in the Champions League, after Arsenal (281), Chelsea (269) and Manchester United (373).
- This was the second consecutive Champions League match in which a Liverpool player assisted a goal on his birthday – Roberto Firmino did so against FC Red Bull Salzburg and Fabinho tonight against Genk.
- Genk conceded more than once in a home Champions League game for the first time, with this only their second home defeat in the competition (also 1-0 against Roma in October 2002).
- Four of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s seven goals for Liverpool in all competitions have been scored from outside the box.
- Since the start of the 2017-18 season, Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino has more assists in the Champions League than any other player (11).