Another game, another win for Liverpool as they maintain their amazing start to the Premier League season. Here are some interesting match facts after Saturday’s game…
- Liverpool are only the fourth side in English top-flight history to have as many as 37 points from their opening 13 league games to a season (assuming three points for a win), after Tottenham in 1960-61, Liverpool themselves in 1990-91 and Manchester City in 2017-18.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 30 Premier League matches (W25 D5); only Arsenal (49 games in October 2004) and Chelsea (40 in October 2005) have ever had longer runs without defeat in the history of the competition.
- Crystal Palace have lost three consecutive home league games for the first time since March 2018, when the third such defeat in that run was also against Liverpool.
- Crystal Palace have lost each of their last five league meetings with Liverpool, their longest ever such losing run against them.
- Sadio Mane has scored more Premier League goals against Crystal Palace than any other opponent (8); only Jermain Defoe (9) has more against the Eagles in the competition’s history.
- Sadio Mane is only the third Liverpool player to score in five consecutive Premier League games against a particular opponent, after Michael Owen vs Newcastle and Luis Suarez vs Norwich.
- Since the start of last season, Liverpool have scored 38 goals from set-piece scenarios in the Premier League (including penalties), eight more than any other club.