Liverpool travel to Brighton and Hove Albion for Saturday afternoon’s Premier League clash (kick-off 3pm).
Here are some match facts and stats ahead of the big game…
- Liverpool are unbeaten in all nine top-flight visits to Brighton – a record for any team versus a single opponent without ever losing.
- Unfortubnately they have won only one of their last five Premier League games against Brighton – a 2-0 victory at the Amex Stadium last March (D3, L1).
- The Reds have dropped 23 points in their 17 Premier League matches so far this season, already one more than they did all of last season.
- They have lost three of their last seven league games, as many defeats as in the previous 37 matches combined.
- Mohamed Salah is the joint-leading Premier League goalscorer against Brighton, alongside Jamie Vardy and Harry Kane on six goals.
- Liverpool average 2.34 points per game with Virgil van Dijk since his league debut, compared to 1.89 points without him.
- Despite that, the Reds are unbeaten in their last 14 league matches when Van Dijk hasn’t started since losing to Fulham in March 2021 (W11, D3).