Jurgen Klopp‘s men travel down to the Vitality Stadium for Sunday’s Premier League clash with Bournemouth.
We crunch the numbers ahead of the big game…
- Bournemouth have lost eight of the past nine league meetings, with the exception being a 1-0 win in last season’s corresponding fixture. That is one of only two victories by the Cherries in their 21 matches against Liverpool, with the other coming at home in December 2016.
- Liverpool won a League Cup fourth-round tie 2-1 at the Vitality Stadium last November. The last team to beat the Cherries twice away from home in the same season was Bristol City in 1999-2000.
- Liverpool’s only defeat in 20 league matches this season came against Tottenham on 30th September when they were reduced to nine men and denied by VAR.
- The Reds have trailed in 10 Premier League games this campaign but have won an unrivalled 19 points from losing positions.
- A sixth away league win of the season on Sunday would match their tally for the whole of 2022-23.
- Liverpool have dropped points in their opening away league fixture in each of the last three years (D1, L2).
- The absent Mo Salah was the only player to start all of their league matches this season. Liverpool are unbeaten in their 10 Premier League games without him since he joined the club (W7, D3), winning the last four in a row.