As we all breath a collective sigh of relief after that amazing late comeback from Liverpool at Villa Park, here are a few facts to share with your mates…
- Sadio Mane has scored the 35th 90th-minute winning goal by Liverpool in the Premier League, at least 10 more than any other side in the competition’s history; five of those have come since the start of last season, more than any other team.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in seven Premier League games in which they have conceded the first goal, winning six of those (D1); they have won more points from losing positions (10) than any other side in the top-flight this season.
- Liverpool have earned 31 points from their 11 Premier League games this season; in English top-flight history, only Tottenham in 1960-61 (33, adjusting to 3/win) have had more at this stage of a campaign.
- Liverpool have won 14 consecutive Premier League games against newly-promoted opposition.
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane has more assists in 11 league games this season (two) than he provided in 36 such appearances last term (one).
- Andy Robertson has scored two goals in his last six games for Liverpool in all competitions, one more than his first 88 appearances for the club before this.
- Aged just 21 years and 26 days, Trent Alexander-Arnold made his 100th appearance in all competitions for Liverpool. Since his debut in October 2016, only Roberto Firmino (36) and Mohamed Salah (28) have more assists for the Reds than Alexander-Arnold (22).