Liverpool’s domination of the Premier League continues, despite them not playing the best football. Here are some interesting match facts after Saturday’s victory over the Seagulls…
- Liverpool have equalled their longest ever unbeaten run in the top-flight (W26 D5), also going 31 games without defeat between May 1987-March 1988.
- Brighton have lost nine of their 11 away league games against Liverpool (W1 D1), with their only victory coming in the top-flight in March 1982 (1-0).
- Liverpool have registered 14 consecutive home wins in the Premier League, their second longest home top-flight winning run behind a 21-game streak between January-December 1972.
- Liverpool have scored 40 Premier League goals via set-pieces (inc. pens) since August 2018, the most of any side in this period.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in each of their last 98 Premier League games at Anfield when leading at half-time (W89 D9), since a 1-2 defeat to Arsenal in December 2009.
- Since the start of last season, no player has provided more Premier League assists than Liverpool full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold (17).
- Since the start of last season, Virgil van Dijk has scored more Premier League goals than any other defender (7).
- Alisson became the first Liverpool goalkeeper to be sent off in a Premier League game since Doni vs Blackburn in April 2012.