Liverpool returned to winning ways on the Premier League with a hard-fought 2-1 victory over Bournemouth in Saturday’s early game. Here are some interesting stats following the match…
- Liverpool have now won their last 22 Premier League home games, the longest such winning run in English top-flight history.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 55 Premier League matches at Anfield (W45 D10) – only Chelsea between 2004-2008 (86 games) have had a longer unbeaten run at home in Premier League history.
- Mohamed Salah is the first Liverpool player to score 20+ goals in all competitions in three consecutive seasons since Michael Owen did so between 2000-01 and 2002-03.
- Salah has scored 70 goals in his 100 Premier League appearances for Liverpool, seven more than any other player in their first 100 for the club (Fernando Torres, 63). In fact, only Alan Shearer with Blackburn (79 goals) has netted more goals in his first 100 PL apps for a single club in the competition’s history than Salah with Liverpool.
- Sadio Mane has had a hand in six goals in his last four Premier League starts against Bournemouth (4 goals, 2 assists).